15 Jan 2018 DUES & NEWS
2018 is here, Happy New Year! We hope you had a joyous and relaxing holiday break filled with family, friends and lasting memories.
Last season was certainly one of the best in memory with the amazing golf weather we had. The new golf season is not far away, here’s hoping 2018 lives up to those new standards. Below you will find details on the 2018 Dues and Fees as well as other club information.
All of us wish you and your families a very Happy New Year and we look forward to seeing you when the season starts again.
Gord Courage, Director of Golf
NEW Membership Benefits!
More Options, More Golf
We are currently hard at work finalizing multiple programs and relationships to provide our members with more courses to play than ever before. Details are being solidified and we will send out additional information as soon as we can. At the core of this will be a revolutionary booking procedure we’re calling ‘Concierge Booking’.
Our Concierge Booking service will simplify the reservation process for tee times booked outside your home club. This is an effort to:
- a) Provide more facilities to play at special Windmill pricing; and
- b) Make the booking easier to better secure tee times at other clubs.
More details to follow… stay tuned!
New Social / Fitness Club
We are also pleased to announce that we have an affiliate membership at a premier downtown facility, the Bow Valley Club this year. Included for every Hamptons member is an Associate Social Membership at no charge.
As an Associate Member you receive:
- Access to their exceptional restaurant
- Two hours of free parking
- Use of their fitness and squash facilities for daily drop in rate
- Board rooms for business meetings
- Reduced rates for wellness services (massage, acupuncture, cupping)
Please see below link for full details. We hope you can take advantage of this great relationship. Your guests are also welcome to accompany you whenever you visit.
Continuing Member Benefits
Extended Family Rate
The Hamptons has a further discount for relatives that is less than our member-guest rate. It is available to uncles, aunts, sisters. brothers, nieces, nephews, grandparents, brother-in-laws, etc.. Simply advise at check-in or at time of booking and we will be happy to extend this special rate.
2018 Guest Fee Packs
We are again offering early-bird pricing for members on multiple guest green fees packs. Save by ordering 5 or 10 packs when submitting your dues. Please see the bottom of the dues form for the guest packages available.
2018 Guest Fee Packs
Our successful member referral program is again in place for 2018. We have a limited number of memberships for sale and would love to fill those up with your friends, family or acquaintances.
A member referring someone who purchases a membership, will receive a $500 F&B credit. Refer more than one and receive additional benefits.
Annual Pull Cart Storage Option
There is a storage fee of $60 for motorized or private pull carts. Our space is limited for these units but we have room to accommodate approximately 24. If you are interested, please contact the Pro Shop.
2018 Dues & Fees
We want to thank all of our members for their wonderful support in 2017. The proshop, restaurant & dining facilities all saw increased and continued patronage throughout the year. Member events also saw record participation. Your Hamptons team is already working towards making 2018 the best yet.
This year have a minimal increase to the primary dues and some of our service- based items to help offset more wage increases, supplier increases, taxes, etc.. We strive to be fair and competitive in this respect while providing you with the best product and service possible.
Please find below links to the various 2018 Dues options. We have three different dues forms this year for our three different options available (Family, Corporate or Passholder).
We have two options for payment:
- Option 1: Payment in full by January 31st, 2018, or
- Option 2: Two equal payments; half by January 31st, 2018 and half by March 31st, 2018 (a $200 fee applies with this option).
Please click, print and return your one form from the below three options:
Please note the automatic late fee of $250 if payment is not received by the January 31st deadline.
Annual Cart Dues
Here are the annual due guidelines for individual, couple, family and passholder carts to help determine what is best for you:
- As an annual cart member at the Hamptons, a cart seat (one seat) is included at your home club.
- When playing another Calgary Windmill club (Springbank, Silverwing or Boulder Creek), the annual cart due at The Hamptons does not carry – it is for cart use at Hamptons only. A reduced Windmill cart fee of $15 applies when visiting the other clubs.
- A ‘Hamptons Only’ passholder pass includes a cart seat (one seat) at the Hamptons. These passes may not be used at partner Windmill courses.
- A ‘Windmill’ passholder pass includes a cart seat (one seat) when playing any Windmill Club (The Hamptons, Springbank, Silverwing, Boulder Creek, Wilderness Club or Magrath).
- Daily user rates apply for 9 or 18 holes at The Hamptons or the other clubs if you prefer to bypass an annual cart due and simply pay or charge for carts as you play.
Separate 2018 forms will be sent to all Founder Members. Please contact the Pro Shop for any questions in the meantime.
Passholder Option (Change for 2018)
Our Passholder option has been a popular choice in past years – a number of members elect to go this route for it’s flexibility and variety to play other clubs. We recognize the importance of keeping this option as fluid as possible.
Two options will be available and all passes will again include cart.
2018 Passholder Options:
- Hamptons Only Passholder – the same rate as all our annual member dues with the same flexibility to share with friends, family or clients. This option is for play at Hamptons only and includes cart.
- Windmill Passholder – This option allows use of passes at all local and managed Windmill courses (The Hamptons, Springbank, Silverwing, Boulder Creek, Wilderness Club and Magrath). These passes are fully transferable and include cart at all the listed courses above – no additional fees.
Note: A Maximum of 4 passes may be used per day when visiting a Windmill course outside of your home club.
Credit Cards or Pre-Authorized Debit
Numerous methods for payment are permitted for daily purchases, monthly accounts or annual dues. All primary members must maintain an up to date credit card or pre-authorized debit on file with the club in order to receive account charging privileges.
Statements will continue to be sent out at the beginning of each month and members will have 10 days to review and submit payment using their preferred method.
If the account is not cleared up by the 10th of the month, the system will automatically charge the members credit card or pre-authorized debit on file.
Annual Dues Options (further explained)
As a member, you have the choice of one of the three following options:
- The Family Option: Unlimited golf for 2018 for the primary golfer as well as the option for spouse and juniors (up to the age of 30) to pay an annual due.
- The Passholder Option: 40 transferable green fee passes. In 2018, there are two options: i) Hamptons Only Passes, or ii) Windmill Passes. These options were explained above in the 2018 Dues & Fees section.Additional passes may be purchased at any time and passes must be used in the same year as purchased (no carry-overs).
- The Corporate Option: You may assign one or two additional players on your membership as designates. Designates receive full primary member privileges. Each Designate is responsible for the primary annual due as well as our $750 annual F&B minimum.
Golf Canada Gold Membership
Your Hamptons annual dues will again include a membership in the Golf Canada Gold program. All members receive the complete handicap system, access to all sanctioned events and personalized Club ID labels. In addition, each primary, spouse, intermediate or junior member will now have the following insurance for clubs, carts and windows:
For Golf Clubs:
- Reimbursement for replacement of lost, stolen or damaged clubs.
- $2,500 maximum per claim, with submitted receipts.
- $75 member deductible (deducted from reimbursement).
- Coverage at any golf course (not just at your home club… lost or stolen in Maui? – still covered!).
- Accidental cart damage costs reimbursed.
- $2,500 maximum per claim, with submitted receipts.
- $100 member deductible (deducted from reimbursement).
- Coverage at any golf course.
- Damage costs reimbursed.
- $1,000 maximum per window, with submitted receipts.
- $50 member deductible (deducted from reimbursement).
- Window coverage at any golf course.
- Maximum 2 claims per member, per membership term (one year, sign up dates my vary).
- Claims mean any combination of 2 of either clubs, cart and/or window); or $4,000 total per membership term, whichever is less.
- Coverage subject to the terms and conditions detailed in the Golf Canada insurance policy.
F & B Minimum
Our clubhouse minimum for 2018 will be $750 per primary member. The minimum includes any food or beverage purchased in the clubhouse, on course or at the Pavilion.
Please note if you prefer to settle a purchase with cash, credit or debit (rather than charging to your account), please advise your server you are a member and that you want the amount to be tagged to your account – so it is allocated towards your minimim.
The minimum applies to F&B purchases only at the Hamptons. Any items put on your account at other Windmill clubs are not eligible.
Advisory board made great progress in developing some strong special committees as well as providing great feedback to management and ownership.
There are some members in their final term, so we are looking to bring on a few new members onto the Board. Empasis is on; course issues, food and beverage, member programs and our overall member experience.
If you are interested in volunteering to become apart of this important group, please submit an email to email@example.com by January, 31st. Feel free to call in for any questions or information prior to submitting.
Corporate or Custom Opportunities
While the season is still four months away, now is a great time to consider any corporate or individual custom needs.
With our multi-club buying power we can pass on great pricing on many products. Whether you are looking for apparel, equipment, logo balls, hats, glassware, accessories or just about any other product, we can get it and have your name or company logo applied.
Please just give the Pro Shop a call and we would be happy to provide quotes. Any business support you give to the club is greatly appreciated.
If you know anyone interested in applying for employment this season, please have them contact the following department head before March 1, 2017.
Head Professional, Bob Forshner
Assistant Professional, Sam Hart
F&B Manager, Karen Young
Superintendent, Dave Whitell